You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2011 Victory Motorcycles: MD First Ride
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2010-08-12 10:32 AM (#66989)
Subject: 2011 Victory Motorcycles: MD First Ride

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/08/2011-victory-motorcycles-md-...

Quote from Article above:

Something I certainly understand, as purchasing an HD was never on my mind.

"Okay, I think I?ve made a case for Victory making a very good motorcycle, with performance, pricing and features that can give any brand?foreign or domestic?the sweats. So why are there only a few thousand happy new Victory customers a year? Victory?s been a premium-priced American product, with a small dealer network (and most are single-line or in Polaris dealerships). That means the most likely customer for a Victory probably doesn?t know about it?or doesn?t want to know about it, in the case of savagely brand-loyal Harley-Davidson customers. ?When I ride a Harley, it just feels right,? a Harley-Davidson-owning motojournalist told me. For such rabid fans, a Victory, no matter how good or value-priced, just isn?t an option. Dreams of capturing a significant share of the Harley market?if they ever existed?have probably faded from any Polaris executive?s head.

But with the new pricing and a satisfying product mix, your average metric cruiser buyer may start to sniff around the Victory showrooms. These buyers, who tend to be very price and value conscious, would be well-served by the solid build, engineering and performance these bikes offer. They just need to find out about Victory, and to that end Victory has expanded heavily into overseas markets, doubled the number of demo-ride rigs, tripled the number of demo rides, focused its marketing more on motorcycle enthusiasts, and is reaching out to military veterans (many of whom may have used Polaris products during their service)."
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-08-12 5:46 PM (#67005 - in reply to #66989)
Subject: Re: 2011 Victory Motorcycles: MD First Ride

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
That was a good read. I like reading the comments the most. I wish Victory would just drop the Vision already. I really like the exclusivity.
wroman
Posted 2010-08-12 9:07 PM (#67025 - in reply to #66989)

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
Victory's time will come. The demographic in the motorcycle market IS changing and the baby boomers time for sustaining H_D sales is coming to an end. The H-D myth is not so well respected with the younger crowd. My son-in-law owns a Triumph and for him there is nothing attractive about Harley. He is not that fasinated about the Vision but says it will be his next bike. He wants comfortable and doesn't want a HD or Harley clone either.
BING
Posted 2010-08-13 9:55 AM (#67042 - in reply to #66989)

Puddle Jumper

I never thought about a Victory until my wife decided she wanted to get something to ride on the back and be comfortable. We just sold her bike. So I started looking around saw the Vision, started researching and IMO nothing beats it. I love the looks and from what I've read and seen, they perform well too. Gold wings are too restrictive with foot position and doesn't have that bike "feel" to me. There was no way I was getting an HD, they just don't do anything for me. I ride a M109R now and it looks different than most cruisers, I guess I like to stand out with my bikes. I'm ready to have an American bike now that I found Victory, they actually have 21st century technology in a nice package. You can't say that about HD.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™