You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wroman
Posted 2010-08-16 6:21 AM (#67227)
Subject: Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
The wife informed me that she told me she wanted to go to Des Moines to possibly look up a distant relative on out trip out to AVR. The State Fair is on and any suggestions for the area would be helpful. We will be coming from the east and Im am looking at rt 30 as an alternative to 80. Any suggestions?
There seems to any number of roads bisecting the state in N-S and E-W.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vicbuilder
Posted 2010-08-16 6:42 AM (#67230 - in reply to #67227)
Subject: RE: Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR

Cruiser

The Vic Shop - Central Iowa
Feel free to look me up while in town (phone in sig). We are headed to the fair today. It's alot of fun, so let your wife talk you into it!
As far as routes I'd stick to the major highways. We've had the worst flooding in recorded history this year and alot of roads are still closed due to water over the road. I think 30 is still open, but there is a bit of construction on it. Still might be better than 80, but all other state highways WILL meet a flooded river as of Sunday Aug 15th. If you're coming later, then maybe the water will have gone down a bit.
There is motorcycle specific parking for $10 on the east side of the fairgrounds (University and 33rd). Otherwise the locals lend their yards for $5 to park. Never had a problem there.
Like I said the fair is HUGE and alot of fun. If you need some pointers feel free to call....
-Rylan-
Highwayman
Posted 2010-08-16 7:49 AM (#67233 - in reply to #67227)
Subject: RE: Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR

Cruiser

Iowa
Looking at the DOT flood maps, 30 is okay, other than a little construction. Hwy 6 is good also. It runs just north of I-80 from Coralville to Newton. Then jump back onto I-80 for 30 minutes into Des Moines. When are you heading up to the AVR? We have a group leaving Des Moines metro on Friday morning at 8:30 AM. You're welcome to join us if you like. Should get to SL around noonish. Have fun at the State Fair.
wroman
Posted 2010-08-16 3:19 PM (#67257 - in reply to #67227)
Subject: Re: Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR

Tourer

We have reservations in Jackson, MN on thurs afternoon. Hoping to see the fair Wed. Leaving in a few mins. Wish us well, waiting for tornado warnings to subside
wroman
Posted 2010-08-18 9:30 PM (#67407 - in reply to #67227)
Subject: Re: Iowa State Fair on the way to AVR

Tourer

Thanks Rylan, Just got back from the fair. Staying accross from gate 11. Leaving for AVR tomorrow.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™