You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bled the clutch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-08-22 6:28 PM (#67638)
Subject: Bled the clutch

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Last night i noticed my clutch fluid in the res was pretty black! but the brake side was very clear/amber. So i decided to flushed the blackened fluid out with some new DOT4. first i was shocked how easy of a job this was! Now what i didnt expect was how much easier the clutch lever is and how much smoother this clutch "acts". i know this doesnt make sense as i shouldnt feel any difference at all. but all day today when i was riding i noticed how quickly the clutch disengages when i pull in the clutch lever. And the clutch lever "feels" lite to the touch..?? or maybe a better word is Smooth instead of lite. ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
etspastimes
Posted 2010-08-23 1:12 PM (#67688 - in reply to #67638)
Subject: Re: Bled the clutch

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
The brakes act the same way when you change the fluid. The main hard part is flushing the front/rear brakes. Still was not that bad. The pressure bleeder does help. ET
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-08-23 4:08 PM (#67702 - in reply to #67638)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
very interesting to know. I wasnt aware the brakes improve as well. my brake fluid still looks amber. I was shocked how different the clutch (feels) just by replacing fluid. and like i said my fluid was only 16000 miles old. BUT it was blackened. The lever and the engagement of the clutch seems Soooooo much smoother!
JSP
Posted 2010-08-23 6:49 PM (#67715 - in reply to #67638)

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
Side note on the clutch maintenance:

If you have the groovy Billet clutch lever cover installed... Remove it to clean out all the debris that gets trapped inside at the cable pivot point.

I would lube it on a fairly regular basis but it still was rough then I decided to remove the cover and found a ton of grit and grime in the cavity.

Just an FYI for all of us.

BTW Straight DINO oil has proven to me to be the best in clutch feel... even with original clutch fluid 45,000+ my 2 cents.
etspastimes
Posted 2010-08-23 7:33 PM (#67718 - in reply to #67688)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
The brakes still work like always, but the firmness of the petal is improved. ET
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™