You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin Zumo 550 electrical tie in?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Uncle Buck
Posted 2010-08-25 12:59 AM (#67830)
Subject: Garmin Zumo 550 electrical tie in?

New user

I've just purchased my first Victory Vision and I'm installing my Garmin Zumo 550, but not sure where to tie the leads into. The book vaguely mentions the circuit board behind the oil cooler, but its hot all the time and I would like for it to become hot when I turn the key too on or acc. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pfhague
Posted 2010-08-25 6:14 AM (#67834 - in reply to #67830)
Subject: RE: Garmin Zumo 550 electrical tie in?

Cruiser

I used the wires that feed the power outlet in the side compartment, with no problems. This is switched so it will shut off the 550 when you shut down.
joe schmoe
Posted 2010-08-25 6:58 AM (#67837 - in reply to #67830)
Subject: Re: Garmin Zumo 550 electrical tie in?

Tourer

East TN
There is an EXCELLENT install guide done by Candubrian on the Vog.net, shows how to connect to the exisiting connecotr and gives you switched power and audio to the stereo so the garmin can come through the stereo head end....Yes Victory PRE-WIRED your Vision for GPS power and audio!
Man314
Posted 2010-08-25 8:00 AM (#67838 - in reply to #67830)
Subject: Re: Garmin Zumo 550 electrical tie in?

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"
<p>Mini Tyco plug to the RH side of the console. Unfortunately, even with purchasing the Integration Kit, they changed connectors so it isn't really plug and play. I cut the plug off and soldered in trailer harness type connectors. You could also use waterproof automotive spade type connectors. Only four wires you need to worry about (2) for power (2) for audio.  I think this was for the Garmin Zumo 660, but I'd be surprised if these four wires are different.  </p><p> </p><p>Someone on one of these boards shared this diagram with me.  What's cool is that it is switched and when GPS voice comes on, it mutes the radio so you can hear directions.  I tried buying the Tyco Mini Plugs, but it was too tedious and wires kept pulling loose from the pins.</p><p> </p><p>Keep us posted on how this works out! <br /></p>

Edited by Man314 2010-08-25 8:05 AM

(Vision GPS Wiring.jpg)

(cord-2-pole-rubber-trailer-harness.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision GPS Wiring.jpg (77KB - 20 downloads)
Attachments cord-2-pole-rubber-trailer-harness.JPG (2KB - 14 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™