You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bulbs burning out
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

mkultra
Posted 2010-08-29 6:39 AM (#68179)
Subject: Bulbs burning out

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Well I just rolled over 50K, and it seems that a good many of my bulbs have decided its time to end shining. First was the left side headlight low beam, followed by the right side, then the marker light on the right side of the trunk, then yesterday the left side went out. Seems that with that milage on my bike is lucky (unlucky) number. So my question is...Does anybody know what all has to come off the change the entire front headlight assembly? I hit a barn bat about 5 months ago, and picked up one off of a crashed bike, so its time to change. I have the manual downloaded but I dont want to take off more parts than I have to.

Thanks,
mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-08-29 6:56 AM (#68180 - in reply to #68179)
Subject: Re: Bulbs burning out

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Mike, the first time I tried changing the bulbs I found out those little clippy things that hold the bulbs in were in wrong. It took taking the entire assembly out to discover this and like you, I wanted to minimize pulling stuff. I recommend doing the way the book says to do it as I had to keep loosing stuff but successfully got it out without taking the side fairing completely off. But all the front trim came off, the turn signals and so on. I had to undo all the front side fairing fastners than pulled back enough to pop out the assembly.

If I ever have to do that again, everything is coming off. I reset the clips and now I can change my bulbs just by pulling the air filter.
mkultra
Posted 2010-08-29 7:03 AM (#68181 - in reply to #68179)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Hey thanks, I kinda thought the same but just wanted to be sure. Reckon it will be a learn as I go. My service contract will end at some point and I'll have to know. Worked on Harleys all my life, but never had to deal with all these body parts..lol. Just the same I'll never go back to one, this bike is amazing....

Thanks,
mike
glighto11
Posted 2010-08-29 8:30 AM (#68188 - in reply to #68179)

Iron Butt

Central New York
Might I suggest that in the future you change your bulbs in pairs. All bulbs have a projected life span and most manufacturers don't engineer to go past their advertised goal. In most cases left and right bulbs have the same usage. The bike started with zero hour bulbs so you can expect any 'pair' to get tired at the same time.
mkultra
Posted 2010-08-29 7:25 PM (#68226 - in reply to #68179)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Well that was an ordeal. Got it done, did change thebulbs in pairs, had a hard time finding the rear marker bulbs on a Sunday, but found them in the strangest place...the grocercy store of all places. I could not believe W5W bulbs there...go figure. The hardest part was the hid cable. There is not much room in there, and its all by feel. I did have to change the hid from my cracked headlite assembly to the one I bought due to the cable being about 3 inches shorter. But all said and done 4 hours this time and if I had to do it again probably 2 hours. Thanks for the replies,

mike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™