You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

centerstand
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

scottcher
Posted 2010-10-02 3:05 PM (#70819)
Subject: centerstand

Puddle Jumper

Has anyone purchase a centerstand from victory? I would like to have one on my vision but wanta hear how it works first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VICTORYTCRIDER
Posted 2010-10-02 3:41 PM (#70821 - in reply to #70819)
Subject: RE: centerstand

Cruiser

Capitol Region of NH
Do a search for centerstand. There have been numerous dicussions about it.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-10-02 5:23 PM (#70828 - in reply to #70819)
Subject: Re: centerstand

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
The short answer is that the Vision Center Stand is the worst accessory Victory ever tried to sell. It drags in turns and over speed bumps.

I have heard of a Center Stand made by KingBagger that people like....read the following threads.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6814

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4707&sta...

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4170
scottcher
Posted 2010-10-04 6:56 PM (#70983 - in reply to #70819)

Puddle Jumper

thankyou radioteacher. and victorytcrider I did read all the posts first but not a single one of them contains any information from anyone who has actually got a centerstand from victory and tried it out
SongFan
Posted 2010-10-04 7:09 PM (#70984 - in reply to #70819)

Visionary

Memphis

Try this one:

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4932&posts=5&start=1

scottcher
Posted 2010-10-05 7:10 AM (#71021 - in reply to #70819)

Puddle Jumper

thanks song fan victory has some nerve selling a pos like that. They should have reimbursed you but I get the feeling the top dogs at victory could care less about customer satisfaction too bad cause they have a good product. So what about this centerstand from kingbagger that i have been reading about have u tried one? Sounds like a good one do u know what site to go to to get one?
varyder
Posted 2010-10-05 7:18 AM (#71022 - in reply to #70819)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
i'd like to hear from folks who has used the kingbagger for some length of time. I'm not a personal fan of any centerstand and struggle on why I really need one. On my bikes that did have one, there came a point where they got in the way and the utility wasn't that great. I did use the center stand though to clean the bike or change the oil, but always had to use a jack to remove the tire, but I didn't "need" the centerstand to do anything.
glighto11
Posted 2010-10-05 7:42 AM (#71023 - in reply to #70819)

Iron Butt

Central New York
I agree VR. Had one on my Wing and probable never used more than 3 times. Probably great on a 400 lb bike, but 800 or 900 is just more weight to leverage up than I am comfortable with. I have a Harbor Freight frame lift next to where I park the bike. I can swing it out and have the bike off the ground it less than a minute. Safely and comfortably. In the winter when garage space is a premium I have a Harbor Freight chock that I drive into to keep the bike upright to conserve a little room. The frame lift a chock together cost less than a center stand and are far more efficient.
Kelvininin
Posted 2010-10-05 11:45 AM (#71042 - in reply to #71021)

Cruiser

scottcher - 2010-10-05 5:10 AM

thanks song fan victory has some nerve selling a pos like that. They should have reimbursed you but I get the feeling the top dogs at victory could care less about customer satisfaction too bad cause they have a good product. So what about this centerstand from kingbagger that i have been reading about have u tried one? Sounds like a good one do u know what site to go to to get one?

If they really felt that way, out bikes would have zero warranty and only go 5 miles before breaking down.

Sometimes things look great on paper and suck in application, the Vic Center Stand is one of those things. Also Vic Accessories are not always the greatest anyway, especially when compared to alternatives on the market.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-10-05 12:56 PM (#71047 - in reply to #70819)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
glighto11,

Frame Lift? Like an A-frame with a winch or chain fall? What do you tie on to lift the Vision? Sounds Interesting.
glighto11
Posted 2010-10-05 2:23 PM (#71055 - in reply to #70819)

Iron Butt

Central New York
RT - You been around along time so I'm sure you know what I was talking about. But, in case you mind is going, or if you were trying to make me look like an ass, I will explain: Motorcycle lifts, like automobile lifts come in 2 flavors. One is called a drive on because you drive it onto a ramp and the whole time goes up, the second is a called a frame lift because you drive over it or push it under and it lifts by contact to the frame.

Now, boys and girls, there really is not one which is better than the other. Just like in the automotive world it is a matter of preference.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-10-05 5:08 PM (#71072 - in reply to #70819)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I am sorry...When you said frame I was picturing an A Frame lift with an I-beam and a chain hoist or winch on it. I was thinking that you could tie it to the rear tipovers and the triple tree. Then just hang the vision in mid air.

My mind is a strange thing. Hell, I try not to listen to me from time to time or I would make me nuts.

Thanks for the reply.

Ride Safe!
glighto11
Posted 2010-10-05 5:16 PM (#71074 - in reply to #70819)

Iron Butt

Central New York
No problem, I appreciate the response.
scottcher
Posted 2010-10-05 8:01 PM (#71089 - in reply to #71074)

Puddle Jumper

I had a centerstand on my electraglide sport andloved it. There are many reasons to use one but personally I think a bike sitting upright is more appealing. Its great for checking the oil, space saver, maintenance and my harley was just as heavy and it was a snap to pull it up on the stand plus if u are sitting around at a bike rally watching entertainment its great for just kicking back on your bike upright so once again does anyone know how to get to this kingbagger site I looked it up as kingbagger and didnt find any for a victory
Tarpits99
Posted 2010-10-05 8:12 PM (#71090 - in reply to #70819)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
Anyone who's ever tried to get enough leverage to spin a /5 BMW with a kick-start and a its lousy charging system appreciates the concept and the reality of a center stand.

As to the kingbagger stand, Neal is a member of this site. PM him at Kingbagger. In the interim check out this thread on the VMC. http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=79865&posts=...

Hope this helps.
scottcher
Posted 2010-10-06 1:10 PM (#71139 - in reply to #70819)

Puddle Jumper

thanks I found him and Im going to order one
King Bagger
Posted 2010-10-31 9:54 PM (#72749 - in reply to #70819)

Puddle Jumper

Big Sky
The stand for the Vision pops it right up, it's so easy my wife can do it. I have video of it but can't post it. 7mg. If any one wants to see it pm me your email address and I'll send it to you. Neal.

scottcher
Posted 2010-11-06 5:47 PM (#73097 - in reply to #70819)

Puddle Jumper

just got my centerstand put on from kingbagger took me all day to do it amazing how much u have to take off to get to it but its on now and works great totally hidden while riding and easy to deploy well worth the money
King Bagger
Posted 2010-11-24 9:47 AM (#74161 - in reply to #72749)

Puddle Jumper

Big Sky
Just posted a Utube video of how easy the Vision goes up on the stand. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SxCgDsZh4
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-11-24 11:15 AM (#74164 - in reply to #70819)

Fountain Inn, SC United States

(XC-_Vision_center_stand_002_(Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments XC-_Vision_center_stand_002_(Small).jpg (54KB - 2 downloads)
KansasGuardsman
Posted 2010-11-25 2:59 PM (#74259 - in reply to #70819)

Cruiser

Wichita, Kansas
My last ride was a Kawasaki Voyager.  It was a 750 pound bike - so it was not a lightweight.  It had a two stage center stand, with two bars.  One pushed the stand down onto the ground.  Then you stood on the second and pulled back on hte bars and she just rolled up onto the stand.  Nice and easy.  This is what the stand itself looked like.  It's not rocket science.  Just leverage.  And, oh yeah, a few extra bucks.

Edited by KansasGuardsman 2010-11-25 3:00 PM

(Voyager center stand.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Voyager center stand.jpg (47KB - 0 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™