You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

using a headset without C.B for stereo only
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

sandman
Posted 2008-03-27 4:36 PM (#7397)
Subject: using a headset without C.B for stereo only

Cruiser

rhode island

Can a head phone jack be installed in the console without going the C.B route?
and if you already have a C.B can you listen to music thru the system?

Edited by sandman 2008-03-27 4:43 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
misterclean911
Posted 2008-03-27 8:48 PM (#7426 - in reply to #7397)
Subject: Re: using a headset without C.B for stereo only

Puddle Jumper

shelbyville tennessee
You have to have the Cb to get the intercom, its all made in one unit, and it comes with the front and rear head phone jacks, with that installed you can listen to just the radio are cb and intercom to talk with passenger in the head sets.
sandman
Posted 2008-03-28 7:08 AM (#7460 - in reply to #7397)

Cruiser

rhode island
Thanks Misterclean
I may just go with the J&M audio unit instead.
jwbnh
Posted 2008-09-18 6:50 PM (#18298 - in reply to #7426)

Puddle Jumper

mr clean, when you use the intercom to communicate is it voice activated or do you have to push a switch to talk and I assume the radio goes quiet? I am considering adding to my bike. any oppinions of the intercom is appreciated
Wizard523
Posted 2008-09-18 8:34 PM (#18308 - in reply to #7397)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I use the Scala Rider Teamset. It is not as expensive, and requires no installation. The units are bluetooth connected and come from the factory paired. Installation in my helmets was easy and took about 30 minutes for both (and you can easily move them from helmet to helmet if you are so included). If you want, you can also use your cell phone with it, which I have done, but rarely.

As an intercom, it works OK. My only complaint is that the volume in the helmet speakers is not as loud as I would like, and when I have the windshield down, my SO sometimes has trouble hearing everything I say when we are at highway speed (or so she says!). Otherwise, it works good enough that I have no desire to install a hard wired set. Battery life has not been a problem for me, and we have spent up to 11 hour days using it on the VOX setting.

The fit in our helmets was such that the microphones were not exactly in front of our mouths, but Scala Rider has what they call XL Size Helmet Clamps which have longer microphone arms. They are an additional $29.99 each, and seemed to make things a bit better.

The price for the set is $269.99 directly from the manufacturer, but I got mine a bit cheaper form Amazon.com (don't remember the exact cost).

In any case, they work really well for me, and while not perfect, for me they are much better than having a full intercom/CB installed. Yeah, I can't talk to other bikes (although they do make a version of the Teamset that can talk to up to 6 people, but I understand the range is not very good), but I also didn't pay as much and am not connected to the bike with wires.

ebayjoe
Posted 2008-09-18 10:40 PM (#18313 - in reply to #7397)

Cruiser

East Ohio
The intercom is voice activated or it can be set to push to talk, it also has a setting when you can have the radio go silent or just down in volumn, either way they work well
Go Super Steel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™