You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory rides against the trend
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

lonestarrider
Posted 2010-10-25 8:50 PM (#72360)
Subject: Victory rides against the trend

Cruiser

Victory rides against the trend increases motorcycle sales and profits

http://tinyurl.com/27pdyz3
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwilly
Posted 2010-10-25 10:20 PM (#72362 - in reply to #72360)
Subject: Re: Victory rides against the trend

Tourer

seattle, wa
Wow, thats cool!
116% increase in sales is impressive.
TWODFlyer
Posted 2010-11-20 5:39 PM (#73950 - in reply to #72360)

New user

Santa Maria CA USA
Maybe it's time to buy some Polaris stocks.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-11-20 7:37 PM (#73956 - in reply to #73950)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Victory is still loosing dealers, the dealer that sold me my Vision stopped selling Victory in September. It's not a big lose in my eyes though, they were pretty poor as a motorcycle dealer. Oh well, at least they won't be stipping out anyone elses drain plug...! The spring of 2009 was the best time to buy Polaris stock...in the 30's then, 72 now, sweet!
varyder
Posted 2010-11-20 9:05 PM (#73958 - in reply to #73956)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I personally don't count Victory Dealers as Dealers in the sense that are fully backed by Victory, these places are jobbers that buy from Victory the rights to use their sign and agree to floorspace arrangements and a few other legal stuff. Of course there needs to be the market also, but most definitely the folks that run the show needs to have a passion for the brand and be knowledgeable, otherwise they will close the door. While one door is closing, another is opening. I was surprised when I went to Regions 2000 in Lynchburg, Virginia's newest dealer and found that the folks there where very knowledgable in the brand. I believe they will suceed at what they do and they aptly share the floor with Polaris ATVs because after all it is farm and hunting country, but you know it is a Victory Dealer when you see it.

Edited by varyder 2010-11-20 9:06 PM
wtwhitelaw
Posted 2010-11-21 9:17 AM (#73973 - in reply to #72360)

Cruiser

Flowery Branch Ga
I'm glad to have helped with the sales numbers. I would like to disagree with the strong dealer network comment. I am luckier than some as my dearler is only a half hour away, the next closest is over 1 hour. That doesn't compete with other brands.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-11-21 1:29 PM (#73989 - in reply to #72360)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Dealer networks for a brand only 13 years old can not be expected to be at every city exit on the interstates like HD. That being said the good ones will weed out the bad with the help of customers voting with their money. If the brand gets better (I expect it will) and gains new customers year after year, there will have to be more and more good dealers. Expansion of this type is not fast, especially in the economy we are seeing right now..........
azllerbob
Posted 2010-11-22 9:20 PM (#74079 - in reply to #72360)
Subject: RE: Victory rides against the trend

Cruiser

Parkersburg WV
Hey thats great news !!!!

I've done my part.......I bought a brand new 09 Vision in Aug this year and bought a 03 Vegas the 1st of this month.

Bob
8-ball
Posted 2010-11-22 11:05 PM (#74084 - in reply to #72360)

Tourer

Green Bay, WI United States
My dealer (A+ Power Sports Sales and Service in Elkhorn) is not overly happy that I did not buy a 2010 8-ball Vision but continue to service me like I did. Have two other dealers who are closer but will ride harder and faster to see Nickie, Barb and Kevin any day of the week. I am all about dealer service and will continue to ride and/or go to Elkhorn to deal with the folks at A+ Power Sports Tell them the Wildman sent you, period.... Ride hard, ride fast, but above all, ride safe......

Wildman
arkie05tc
Posted 2010-11-23 1:41 AM (#74086 - in reply to #74084)

Puddle Jumper

Well I hope another dealer closes its doors and that is victorylane powersports in swansea IL. On oct. 13 I bought and paidin full for a 2011 white vision. I was told I would have it by the 31st.Well no bike and after being lied to for 6 weeks I requested my money back. Its now been 2weeks and no moneyand no bike. I have made a police report and talked to the states att. about this but can't get the police sargent to return my calls the cops have to report it to the states att. Customer service in the highest order here............... Arky
hmd520
Posted 2010-11-23 8:53 AM (#74098 - in reply to #74086)

Cruiser

Tucson , AZ
arkie05tc - 2010-11-23 1:41 AM

Well I hope another dealer closes its doors and that is victorylane powersports in swansea IL. On oct. 13 I bought and paidin full for a 2011 white vision. I was told I would have it by the 31st.Well no bike and after being lied to for 6 weeks I requested my money back. Its now been 2weeks and no moneyand no bike. I have made a police report and talked to the states att. about this but can't get the police sargent to return my calls the cops have to report it to the states att. Customer service in the highest order here............... Arky

Sorry to hear your bad time with trying to buy a Victory. You might want to contact the BBB as well as your local Tv station and see if they will do a story on your delima. Sometimes the bad PR might shake the money loose from the dealer.
Im sure someone at Victory would like to know how there dealer is treating their customers as well.. Good luck...
VisionTex
Posted 2010-11-23 10:52 AM (#74103 - in reply to #74086)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
arkie05tc - 2010-11-23 12:41 AM

That's really a bummer. The dealer may not be the issue here. I know when we were waiting for the 08 Visions, the dealers were at the mercy of the factory and how they shipped the bikes. A lot of us had money down on new 08 Visions and some of us were really pissed when anounced delivery dates would come with no bike, and then another month get added to that date. There was no good explaination from the factory as to where the bikes were shipped. So, hope you get this worked out soon.
varyder
Posted 2010-11-23 11:03 AM (#74105 - in reply to #74086)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
arkie05tc - 2010-11-23 2:41 AM

I actually got a pre-order Vision that was turned down, the second on the dealer got. If I had not got that one, I would have waited until well after the first of the year as all that were coming in was spoken for and they just weren't going to get any more in.

I do suggest contacting other dealers around your area or surrounding states and see if they have one. Maybe that dealer can work with that one, but if not, I hope it all works out for you. That sucks them having your money.
arkie05tc
Posted 2010-11-23 1:25 PM (#74113 - in reply to #72360)

Puddle Jumper

they kept saying they were trying to do a dealer swap.. every monday they are going to go get it 4 weeks in a row nooooot
varyder
Posted 2010-11-23 1:39 PM (#74114 - in reply to #72360)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Ark, I suggest you call, you can look up the dealer network. Also, these clowns have a regional clown, you might be able to track that guy down. I know it has to be frustrating. If you have everything thing documented you have a case.
GURNZ
Posted 2010-11-23 2:32 PM (#74116 - in reply to #72360)

Cruiser

Spfld, IL but temp Bay area, CA
Arkie, that really sucks. Did you check out Wehrle Bros over in Vandalia or Widman's over by the brewery in St Louis. I've been really satisfied with Justin at Wehrles.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-11-23 9:09 PM (#74144 - in reply to #72360)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
arkie05tc,

If I needed a action plan to get something done about a dealer that was being less then straight with me it would be......

Start a new thread here that states the facts of the issue you are having with the dealer. Name names, dates and phone numbers. Try not to get to caught up in the emotions of the deal (something that is hard for me to do). Also, state any history you have had with Victory Motorcycles in the past.

Go to The Victory Motorcycle Club site at http://thevmc.com/ and start a new post about the issue there.

Finally, Join Facebook and post a Discussion on the http://www.facebook.com/victorymotorcycles page that has the same information as the other posts.

Do this all the night before a day when the dealership is open. Victory does not like dealers messing with their bottom line or their marketing message and will call the dealer to find out what sam hill is going on down there!!!

This might not get anything done but....I have seen this done where the customer did receive a satisfactory outcome.

Stay on the police and the Attorney General....Plus open a ticket with the BBB. http://www.bbb.org/

Keep up the good fight and I hope you prevail.

Thank Goodness that I have a great dealer to work with now. The worthless POS dealer that I bought my Vision from went out of business less then seven months after the transaction....Good Riddance!

Ride Safe!

Edited by radioteacher 2010-11-23 9:10 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™