You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Do you need a Christmas or gift idea for a Victory owner...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

aaronrkelly
Posted 2010-11-09 4:00 AM (#73216)
Subject: Do you need a Christmas or gift idea for a Victory owner...

Tourer

Moravia, IA
How about stock....

I bought 1 share of Polaris (Victory) stock for myself. Printed off the confirmation and framed it.....put it on the wall next to my other motorcycle stuff.

...also helps I did this thru Sharebuilder when they were running a promo.....add atleast $25 to your account and they put $50 in it. Since a share of Polaris was $71.....I basically paid $25, they chipped in the rest. Dont think this is running any more.

I dont plan on getting rich or even buying any more stock....but atleast now I can say I own part of Victory.....albeit a very, very small part.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
etspastimes
Posted 2010-11-09 6:39 AM (#73218 - in reply to #73216)
Subject: Re: Do you need a Christmas or gift idea for a Victory owner...

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
I am happy to say that I have been buying my Christmas present every month for the past two years. With a 100+ shares, it looks good in the porfolio. ET
varyder
Posted 2010-11-09 6:55 AM (#73220 - in reply to #73216)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm not a stock player, however, my Vision is stock, but how would I go about getting 1 share of Victory stock?
aaronrkelly
Posted 2010-11-10 12:14 AM (#73273 - in reply to #73220)

Tourer

Moravia, IA
varyder - 2010-11-09 6:55 AM

I'm not a stock player, however, my Vision is stock, but how would I go about getting 1 share of Victory stock?

As I was buying for mostly novelty I looked for the cheapest "fees" and did not base my decision on tools, features etc.

I used:

http://www.sharebuilder.com/

They charge $9.95 for an online trade....doesnt matter if you buy 1 share or 1000 shares...same price.

So 1 share of PII (Polaris Industries) is $73.06 right now.

Pretty straight forward process. Open Sharebuilder acct.....transfer money from your checking to you Sharebuilder acct.....then purchase the stock.

There may be others cheaper or easier.....I just did a quick 30 minutes worth of research.

I was playing around with the "what-if" feature.....if I had invested $1,000 in Polaris in July 4th, 1999 (when Victory rolled the first bike off the line).....it would be worth $20,991 today.

Interesting....
etspastimes
Posted 2010-11-10 6:23 AM (#73276 - in reply to #73216)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
In the last two years, at $100 a month investment, I have a 83% gain in the stock that I have bought for right now. A fellow I know bought 2000 shares of H-D back in the late 1970', he's hurting on profit now but lived off of it for over 10 years when it was good. I also use sharebuilder and it has been easy to work with. ET
TWODFlyer
Posted 2010-11-20 4:37 PM (#73948 - in reply to #73216)

New user

Santa Maria CA USA
Tradeking charges $4.95 a trade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™