You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Starter hung up?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

baadawg
Posted 2010-11-14 7:56 PM (#73478)
Subject: Starter hung up?

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Several times lately within a few minutes of starting up my bike from a cold start, I'm getting a loud metal on metal clunk. It's different from the sound you get when going into gear from neutral. It tends to happen when rolling down the road slowly with the clutch in, not goosing it or anything and never more than once per start up. Scared the hell outta me the first few times. Thought something had broke inside the engine. Recently it occurred to me that it could be the starter disengaging, a bit too late of course. Anyone else have this happen on a 106 ci VV? 
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-11-15 1:37 PM (#73546 - in reply to #73478)
Subject: Re: Starter hung up?

Visionary

You don't say what year your bike is but I would head to the dealer or pull the starter and find a auto electric repair shop and have them do a check on your starter. Maybe your bat is getting bad. As I recall a low bat will not have enough juice to bring the starter drive return. Maybe even a lose cable.
Be careful that what ever it is doesn't do more harm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™