You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

why there is public profiling of folks who ride bikes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2010-11-18 11:58 AM (#73824)
Subject: why there is public profiling of folks who ride bikes.

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/430211_rollover15.html?source=mypi

they should hang these guys up by their saddlebag...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2010-11-18 12:52 PM (#73826 - in reply to #73824)
Subject: Re: why there is public profiling of folks who ride bikes.

Visionary

My concern is how accurate the article is?
When I was on jury duty years ago the author of the newspaper articles must have been sitting in the bar down the street because the articles had nothing close to what was going on in court. A PERFECT example of why you are not to read, listen and discuss the case.
varyder
Posted 2010-11-18 1:53 PM (#73830 - in reply to #73824)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
personally I don't know how accurate this article is but we've got a band or bands of idiots on their crotch-rockets that will blow through petersbur-richmond on I-95 and some will amuse themselves in popping wheelies in traffic. for the most part though, they are exceeding 80mph or more, and I've seen some play catch-up going what seems to be 100+. I'm surprised that any make it home alive.
Travelin Man
Posted 2010-11-18 3:32 PM (#73833 - in reply to #73824)

Iron Butt

First of all let me say that I in no way support the type of riding or behavior that is described in the article.

Second, if the article is accurate, and that is a BIG if, then what the hell was a state trooper doing passing two motorcycles in the middle of a curve, even while in pursuit? And then the motorcycles passed the trooper?

Third, I don't know about Washington state, but here in Illinois there is a state wide ban on hot pursuit of motorcycles, which makes sense since most of the time the infraction is a simple misdemeanor traffic violation and not something more serious like rape or murder.

And those here that claim that going 90 to 100+ mph on a freeway is crazy, how many Vision Riders have we have heard of here on the board of testing out the speed limiter on the Vision by topping out at 115 mph? Most sport bikes, or crotch rockets if you prefer, have the ability to accelerate faster, brake harder, and out maneuver ANY cruiser based bikes, so for what is crazy to us is perhaps not so crazy to those that have the ability to do what they can.
varyder
Posted 2010-11-18 4:09 PM (#73834 - in reply to #73824)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I would some how want to agree with you T-man but I think about when I read in the news paper, and just recently where one of these super skilled riders you talk about are now six feet under and has taken someone with them. I also agree it is better that the officer doesn't pursuit, but I think they get caught up in the moment and don't reason themselves to backdown and let it be.
glighto11
Posted 2010-11-18 5:11 PM (#73838 - in reply to #73824)

Iron Butt

Central New York
I have absolutely no problem with someone turning themselves into an inkblot on a motorcycle, as long as they don't take anyone else with them. I see ninjas and other such rice burners going past my house all the time on one wheel. Sooner or later I read about them in the paper.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™