You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Riding Gear for the Wife
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wilsondude
Posted 2010-11-22 9:53 AM (#74033)
Subject: Riding Gear for the Wife

Cruiser

Salt Lake City
I want to get my sweetie some textile gear for Christmas, and would appreciate your opinions. I wear/love my Tourmaster Flex gear, and have all but abandoned a ton of leather stuff collected over the years. I can't believe I waited to long to try it! She is a fairly new rider, but last year we logged about 8K on the Vision. I want her to be comfortable and safe, and have been looking at the Olympia Airglide 3 combo. She's 5-8, about 140 lbs..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2010-11-22 10:32 AM (#74035 - in reply to #74033)
Subject: Re: Riding Gear for the Wife

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
There are a bunch of brand name gear that would work for her but the most important thing is hot it fits.

Plus it has to fit better when in a sitting position not just standing and walking around the show room. Better yet have her try it on and then sit on the bike.

Every manufacture uses patterns that are a little different from each other so try on different brands.

Ride Safe
Candyman
Posted 2010-11-22 11:17 AM (#74040 - in reply to #74033)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
+1
BreadmanRo
Posted 2010-11-22 6:47 PM (#74070 - in reply to #74033)

Cruiser

Stockton, California
MY wife is 5' 11" and it is very difficult to find good gear that fits like a woman wants. We just attended the IMS in San Mateo and they have a "Women Ride" section that has lots of gear made for women. It seems that Tourmaster/Cortech has the most gear for women. It was nice for her to try on a few different vendors while at the show. Whatever you do don't buy online. If you can go to the show that would be great. Otherwise go to a local dealer where she can try on gear and sit on the bike.
TMOE4U
Posted 2010-11-22 8:00 PM (#74074 - in reply to #74033)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, AB Canada
My wife an I both picked up the Olympia Airglide gear this year. After riding with leather the last few years she was truly impressed with the fit, finish, comfort and flexibility of this gear. In hot weather the vented jacket and pants were amazing at keeping us cool and safe. As the weather changed, the layers added to the comfort. One day as we were riding in rain, I stopped and put in my pant liners. She did not, and the Vision did a great job at keeping her dry and warm. My wife is only 5' 4" and ended up having to get her pants shortened to better fit her. This removed the velcro strap from the bottom of the pants, but between the bike and me blocking the weather, it did not seem to make a difference. In my experience with this gear in temperatures from about 10C (50F) up to about 37C (99F) this gear was amazing. And No, I don't work for them!
Lv_2_ride
Posted 2010-11-24 12:54 PM (#74175 - in reply to #74033)

Puddle Jumper

My wife and I ordered several things from newenough.com. They have a bunch of brand names. We ordered several jackets so we could try them on at home and return the ones that didn't fit. They take returns very easily.
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-11-25 5:30 PM (#74272 - in reply to #74033)

Visionary

I am sure your wife would look very sexy in leather but don't buy here and unless its for the bed room.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™