You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin Hook-up
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

hdfed
Posted 2010-11-24 5:58 AM (#74153)
Subject: Garmin Hook-up

Cruiser

Orlando
I have a Garmin 450 (same as 550 w/o bluetooth) which I will be moving from my BMW to my Vision. I had my 450 wired to my Autocom Intercom system so I could listen to directions in my helmet.
My Vision has the CB/Intercom system installed. Has anybody done to the Vision, what I had done to the BMW?
If so, please advise how to hook-up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
adolfoch
Posted 2010-11-24 1:17 PM (#74179 - in reply to #74153)
Subject: Re: Garmin Hook-up

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain
Hi you have to connect the GPS to the connection that is your right bike for this purpose, for it you two options either buy a special connector or peel garmin cables and connect one to one after the connection that brings the bike, so you hear all the instructions through the intercom gps
picard
Posted 2010-11-29 11:17 AM (#74406 - in reply to #74153)

Cruiser

Prairie Dog Heaven, CO
I'm not sure whether the 450 has a stereo output for the directions or whether it just comes out of one side (right speaker?)...
I have connected the 2720 (mono output for directions) to my Vision (a 2010 model).

The 2720 harness has four wires, red for +12V, black for ground, brown for speaker+ and white for speaker - ; don't know whether this is the same on the 450 but I would hope so.

On the 2009, there should be a plug coming out of the wiring harness on the right side under the dash by the GPS mount that has 4 wires going into it.

BU/OR is GPS audio input (+ -- position 2 on plug
GY/BU is GPS audio input (-) -- position 3 on plug
BN/PK is power +12V - position 1 on plug
BK/WT is ground -- position 4 on plug

You can get the plugs here
http://www.newunitedracetech.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...

IIRC you need the AMP Mini-MultiLock 7 Position Sealed Male to match your harness but please check the gender.
also get a bunch of pins - 10 or so in case you screw up.

Have fun.
hdfed
Posted 2010-12-01 8:29 AM (#74527 - in reply to #74406)

Cruiser

Orlando

picard - 2010-11-29 12:17 PM I'm not sure whether the 450 has a stereo output for the directions or whether it just comes out of one side (right speaker?)... I have connected the 2720 (mono output for directions) to my Vision (a 2010 model). The 2720 harness has four wires, red for +12V, black for ground, brown for speaker+ and white for speaker - ; don't know whether this is the same on the 450 but I would hope so. On the 2009, there should be a plug coming out of the wiring harness on the right side under the dash by the GPS mount that has 4 wires going into it. BU/OR is GPS audio input (+) -- position 2 on plug GY/BU is GPS audio input (-) -- position 3 on plug BN/PK is power +12V - position 1 on plug BK/WT is ground -- position 4 on plug You can get the plugs here http://www.newunitedracetech.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&... IIRC you need the AMP Mini-MultiLock 7 Position Sealed Male to match your harness but please check the gender. also get a bunch of pins - 10 or so in case you screw up. Have fun.

Thanks for the GR8 information!

sfalexi
Posted 2011-01-09 6:27 PM (#76941 - in reply to #74153)

Tourer

Columbia, SC
Bringing up an old thread I know, but I went ahead and spliced with the aforementioned connections (+ to +, - to -, and audio +/- to the related colors mentioned on here) from a 2730 cable to the factory garmin connector and the audio doesn't seem to be coming through. Power works fine, but still no audio. Any ideas out there on what I could have done wrong? I DID clip off the 2.5 mm jack . . . could that have been my error?

Alexi
sfalexi
Posted 2011-01-09 7:45 PM (#76946 - in reply to #74153)

Tourer

Columbia, SC
never mind. Found the problem.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Do NOT buy the cable that has the 2.5 mm plug at the end of it. It will NOT work! The audio will travel through the brown wire to the audio jack, but not down the full length of the cable.

A better bet would be to buy a car adapter that has a speaker and clip THAT cable. The colors mentioned above are correct, but I was just using the wrong cable.

Alexi
whinchey
Posted 2011-01-14 11:44 PM (#77302 - in reply to #74153)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
The radio in the 2008 and 2009 have a single mono GPS audio input. The 2010 radio has a stereo input for the GPS... FYI .. And the 2010 Radio Schematic was incorrect on this. It showed the left and right inputs, but not the reference connection. I can check it if anyone needs this info..

Wes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™