You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I hate to do this.........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

johnedoe
Posted 2010-11-30 1:09 AM (#74461)
Subject: I hate to do this.........

Puddle Jumper

North East Oregon
Well the day has come that I had hoped would be a longer time in coming.
My knees are just about shot and I think I am going to have to sell the Vision before I drop it in traffic or at some stop light or sign.

It's an 08 with 24000 miles on it, Stage 1 level 2 pipes, and air filter., Heel toe shifter, Ness oil pressure gauge, Lower deflectors, and near new tires, also Cee Bailey headlight guard, Color is Midnight Cherry.

Everything is in tip top condition.

asking 15,500
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WillieByte
Posted 2010-11-30 6:13 AM (#74464 - in reply to #74461)
Subject: Re: I hate to do this.........

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
So? Then don't do it. I have end stage OE and have since before I bought mine.
Getting on and off is a struggle. OK, it's more than a struggle. It's a real S.O.B. BFD, once I'm on, I can SOAR.
Your knees give out? nahhhhh it's just some pain is all.
I'm getting some new knees at the end of 2011. That'll be nuff time to get my weight in line and I've been doin the health club routine besides.
Get yerself to a physical therapist and get some help for those knees. I did. Now I can leg press over 400 # 5 sets of 30 reps. It's a lot for me.
Now when I get on, it's a LOT easier. I can stand up from sitting in a chair and get up so fast my feet clear the floor. My knees are still shot but I have enough muscle to control myself. The Vision is a lot easier and more FUN to ride too. It's amazing how much better I can ride when I now have my leg strength to push with my feet to help control leaning into turns and curves.
Don't sell it. Get your knees in shape. Get some exercise. You'll have to get your knees fixed sooner or later anyway. I'm getting the newer oxidized zirconium knees. They'll last me the rest of my life.
I had to learn the hard way, I'm passing it on. Go see your Doctor and have him prescribe a month of physical therapy (if you have insurance) and then really EXERT yourself. I did two months. It worked wonders for me.
It's up to you. Sit on your ass or get up and SOAR.

Williebyte
Blackjack
Posted 2010-11-30 7:02 AM (#74466 - in reply to #74461)

Tourer

Cottage Grove, Mn
Don't sell the bike, get your knees fixed. WillieByte is correct do as he suggest's. I am 66 and have had both knees replaceed one in March of 2009 and the other in March of 2010 and was riding in 45 days after each. I don't know how old you are but between Medicare and my supplemental insurance it cost me $150 for each knee.
If or when you have your them replaced ask your Doctor about Game Ready ice therapy it accelerates the healing process.

Good Luck
varyder
Posted 2010-11-30 8:36 AM (#74471 - in reply to #74461)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
John - I agree with the other gentlemen, however, you must do what you feel is best for safety sake. I'm thankful for the 20 years of the Army and 10 of those years in the 82d Airborne, all the time running, running, running. I was born with flat feet and shouldn't have been in the Army at all, and have bad knees to boot. With that being said, I attribute my being able to get around and hold up the motorcycle today at age 51 by ignoring the pain and strengthening the muscles. I do not believe I would be doing a lot of things I am still able to do today had I succumbed to my preceived limitations.
glighto11
Posted 2010-11-30 8:56 AM (#74472 - in reply to #74461)

Iron Butt

Central New York
I agree with the previous posts,,,, provided, of course that you still WANT to ride and not just using the knees as an excuse. Not trying to be mean, but this IS just a forum so we really don't know the people or what's going on on their head. Sometimes people just need a little 'shake'. Just do what's right for you, for the right reasons.
johnedoe
Posted 2010-11-30 2:49 PM (#74497 - in reply to #74461)

Puddle Jumper

North East Oregon
Thanks for your input guys...... But I do need to sell the bike, I don't have medicare to foot the bill, maybe in about 5 more years if the nazi's in office don't completely fuck us .........
varyder
Posted 2010-11-30 3:14 PM (#74499 - in reply to #74497)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
sorry you have to go that route and sell 'er. I'm sure you're using eBay, local traders and online classifieds. It might be tight getting your asking price IMHO. Best to you.
GURNZ
Posted 2010-11-30 3:19 PM (#74500 - in reply to #74461)

Cruiser

Spfld, IL but temp Bay area, CA
If she really needs to go
Might be time for a Crossbow
Teach
Posted 2010-12-05 6:11 PM (#74808 - in reply to #74461)

Visionary

Sorry to hear you need to sell, but I can tell you that you aren't going to get your asking price when KBB is $12500 tradin, dealers are selling new 09's for 14k and new 08's for 12k.
johnnyvision
Posted 2010-12-05 7:38 PM (#74811 - in reply to #74461)

Visionary

johnedoe
Please look around for help from some one. Maybe you were in the army and they would help or look for some charity group.
If it comes to it talk to lehman's trike.
Keep your head up and try something.
VaParadox
Posted 2010-12-05 8:19 PM (#74812 - in reply to #74461)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
The Crossbow trike is Beautiful !!!!! check it out before you close this door.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™