You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Conduct & Courtesy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Welcome, Guidelines and Important InformationMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2011-09-14 9:28 AM (#96555)
Subject: Conduct & Courtesy

Fountain Inn, SC United States
This site has developed a great reputation for its mature, helpful, friendly, and enthusiastic membership--something I'm very proud to be part of. It seems inevitable that as we grow, we will encounter challenges to our good manner by way of malcontents, trolls, etc. and so far our membership has done great job of self-policing. You've also done a great job of alerting me (webmaster) when things get out of hand and I thank you for that.

For the most part, we all have a common desire to enjoy our bikes, gain and provide info, and meet new friends. Let's remember that not everyone has been participating on the site since the beginning. In fact, we gain between 60 to 100 new members every month and a large percentage have never owned a Victory and are unfamiliar with its many great advantages and, to a smaller degree, its quirky issues. The thing that differentiates this site from others has been its easy-going, helpful members answering even the more mundane and redundant questions. I've talked to many Victory execs and engineers and they all say our site is by far the most level-headed, friendly and informative Victory source on the net....Something we already knew!

The purpose for this long-winded post is to
A: Thank you for making this such a great community site and to not be swayed or drawn in by the occasional troll or hothead. Let them know this is no place for rude conduct or discourteous behavior and keep your own response above board. When they don't get the reaction they are looking for they will usually go away or simmer down. As corny as it sounds, Courtesy is the grease that silences squeaky wheels.

B: Ask new members to follow by example. Members may disagree on things but we don't endeavor to make it personal or attack them. The medium of text-based interaction is flawed in that its void of inflection, body language, and other nonverbal communication that can be crucial to getting the tone of a message across. Keep this in mind when typing as well as reading posts.

C: Be sure to have fun and get out and Ride! Then tell us about it!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™