You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Horn wiring question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ljurgens
Posted 2014-03-30 11:22 AM (#153853)
Subject: Horn wiring question

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

I'd like to add a wolo or similar horn to my bike. Has anyone wired one of these in so that you can do a short "meep" with the stock horn and then with a longer press, get the air horn to fire?

I know you can buy them with a kit, but is the relay really a 60+ dollar item? Horns are $40 on Amazon, and the horn "kit" with this functionality is $110

Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2014-03-30 12:31 PM (#153854 - in reply to #153853)
Subject: Re: Horn wiring question

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Wolo makes an air horn (Bad Boy, 129dB) and a conventional style horn (114.3dB). My Bad Boy came from Harbor Freight Tolls for less than $40 and included the relay. Can't answer your question on the mutli horn set up. One note - when you install the relay if it isn't located in a location protected from the weather be sure to mount it with the terminal side facing down to help prevent shorting (no need to ask how I know).

There happens to be a a good 4 page comparison article in the April 2014 edition of Motorcycle Consumer News on aftermarket horns.
Thomas
Posted 2014-03-30 3:54 PM (#153857 - in reply to #153853)
Subject: RE: Horn wiring question

Central Wisconsin

I wired in a Stebel horn a few years back. Haven't wired in a couple horns together.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™