You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

VFC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Mudge
Posted 2008-01-23 11:25 PM (#4578)
Subject: VFC

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Anybody able to give us installation and running review on the Vision VFC yet? First batch is sold out so I'm hoping somebody was able to get it installed and put a couple of miles on it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mike s
Posted 2008-01-24 1:47 PM (#4583 - in reply to #4578)
Subject: Re: VFC

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
I still waiting on mine. I'll be installing it myself, so I'mm be sure to add pics and a review...
luzzy
Posted 2008-01-25 7:53 AM (#4604 - in reply to #4578)
Subject: RE: VFC

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=354&post...
Mudge
Posted 2008-01-25 1:29 PM (#4614 - in reply to #4578)
Subject: RE: VFC

Tourer

I called Lloyd yesterday to ask if the 08 Vision VFC was available for purchase yet. They said it would be available on the website in a few days. I checked the site this morning and found that is available now, and placed my order. The intake plate does not show as being available for purchase on the website as of yet.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-01-25 2:18 PM (#4616 - in reply to #4578)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Lloyd has also made an arrangement to sell them through Vision-Riders to help support the site. Check out Lloydz Mini Store
Outback101
Posted 2008-02-07 11:38 AM (#5015 - in reply to #4578)

Puddle Jumper

Between Rockford and Sterling Illinois
I had spoken with Lloyd yesterday about his VFC and the dealer installed Stage 1 reflash/calibration of the ECU and what the differences are. The VFC I understand is an addition to the ECU and works basically like the DynoJet Powercommander and allows you to add more fuel than the stock ECU is capable of with the reflash. Is this right?
mike s
Posted 2008-02-07 10:18 PM (#5045 - in reply to #4578)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
That's about right. The VFC is a fuel management box, like the PCIII, only easier. Essentially, the way these boxes work is to take the fuel input signals from the ECU and tweak them before they reach the injectors. This allows you to add additonal fuel to the map. The base map in the VFC is specifically designed for Vics (unlike all other controllers on the market).

As for availablility...my VFC shipped yesterday and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. The filter, however, has been delayed. The filters they received from their supplier arrived with manufacturing defects and, since Lloyd refuses to release less than quality stuff, he returned them for replacement.
Outback101
Posted 2008-02-08 11:12 AM (#5067 - in reply to #5045)

Puddle Jumper

Between Rockford and Sterling Illinois
So as an addition to the stage one upgrades from the dealer what does anyone think that the VFC is going to add horsepower and torque wise above Stage 1?
Mudge
Posted 2008-02-08 12:24 PM (#5072 - in reply to #5067)

Tourer

Check luzzy's thread. There's a link to it above in this thread.
mike s
Posted 2008-02-08 2:56 PM (#5078 - in reply to #4578)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
it's not so much about adding HP and torque, but more about improving the torque curve and getting out of the lean condition these bikes are set at from the factory. By richening up the mix, you improve performance and will reduce some of the heat coming off of the engine.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-02-09 8:57 AM (#5117 - in reply to #4578)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
You say the Visions are programmed LEAN for emissions then why does my exhaust tips keep getting nasty from the "soot"? I think mine is on the rich side IMHO Any thoughts Mike?
mike s
Posted 2008-02-09 5:41 PM (#5133 - in reply to #4578)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
The closed loop system is designed to maintain a 14.7:1 A/F Ratio. While that is the Stoichiometric value for gasoline, you will have better performance and cooler temps with a slightly richer mix. 14.1:1 is generally the target ratio. This is especially vital in air/oil cooled motors as lean=hot and you don't have any coolant to help keep engine temps in check.

Your exhaust tips will get "soot"y for a number of reasons. First, it's exhaust. Find a pipe that doesn't have some carbon in it and you'll have found a dangerously lean setup. The next reason is start up. Vics, in general, are known for fouling plugs because on start up they run an enriched map. Frequent starts will add to that problem as unburnt fuel will then collect in the exhaust.
jama
Posted 2008-02-24 1:12 PM (#5709 - in reply to #4578)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Mike S, I tried to send this as a PM but it won't send, so: Mike, do you have any advice for me concerning the installation
of the injector wire plugs? I'm really thinking it looks easy to break
those or the pins on the injectors while in that tight space. Those
clips seem a little tricky too. I keep seeing big $ for repair if I mess up!
Jim
mike s
Posted 2008-02-24 9:04 PM (#5728 - in reply to #5709)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
Got your PM and responded...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™