You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Kicker Uprade on new Visions
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Riverdawg
Posted 2011-09-06 11:00 AM (#95837 - in reply to #95836)
Subject: Re: Kicker Uprade on new Visions

Cruiser

Camas Washington
I put a set of the foam speaker cups behind the back speakers. It helped a little but the only way to get better sound is by a amp. I changed out all my speakers to Hertz speaks which are rated 4 ohms but there really 3.5 ohms. The clearity is better but again I will need and amp to get the sound I want.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turk
Posted 2011-09-06 11:00 AM (#95838 - in reply to #95836)

Iron Butt

I ordered the Crutchfield foam speaker cups... waiting on them to arrive this week.
Webhair
Posted 2011-09-07 6:30 AM (#95916 - in reply to #94578)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Ok - I have been following this one for a bit now and will add in what I have found....

Stock speakers - ok - wanted louder and cleaner... Installed Polk Audio DXi525's and the Alpine 445.... Cleaner tighter bass, crisp highs... sound great in the garage... NOT as loud on the freeway as the stock speakers without the amp...

Next, installed the Infinity whatever speakers with the Alpine 445... Not as clean - not as much bass - a little louder at freeway speeds....

Now is where I am stuck.... I have a new amp to install and am planning on going back to the Polks with a RF PBR300X4 and see where that gets me... At that point I am done with that bike - when I get to it...

On my wife's bike I just installed the Kicker speakers and nothing else... I still think it sounds better then stock at low speed and freeway. So I am leaving it alone... Alone - I tell you - LOL (we will see)...

Unfortunately I just had 3 vertebra fused in my neck last week and will not be playing with this for a few months....

BUT - I did see something the other day on an other forum and was wondering if anyone had considered moving up to 6.5" speakers????
In a few spec's that I was looking at... They are not as deep, a hair larger and may not stick out as much... This could also increase the amount of out put...

Just a thought... but it will be weeks before I can look into that idea some more... Thoughts anyone??????
pollolittle
Posted 2011-09-07 10:43 AM (#95949 - in reply to #94578)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Webhair do you have the gain set on the low or high. One of two things should happen when you get near the maximum of the speaker or amp.
1. Distortion sets in which means you don't have enough amp to get it louder.
2. The speaker will reach its limits of its excursion and make a sound like it is hitting a solid object, which means more power than the speaker can handle.

What new amp are you installing?

You guys are making me Jonesin' to put in my old school Rockford Fosgate 4080 amp and have a run at this. It's a big amp is the only downside. Power to make your house lights dim.

The 6.5's won't be a direct drop in. Love to have me some, but I would have to do some custom work.
Webhair
Posted 2011-09-08 10:20 AM (#96045 - in reply to #94578)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
The new amp I have sitting in a box ready to go is a new Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4.... Size it right for where I want to put it and I think it will work out great.

As for the gain... I have tried it both ways with both speaker setups... It just does not have the power I am looking for... I guess you can say - I really like my music loud and clear... Or maybe I am going deaf... (don't tell my wife). ;-)

As for the speakers... I am planning on going back to the Polk's 525 with the new amp... They fit in great and ha better sound... In reading the specs on the 6.5... Not as deep, may not protrude as far out... Just a little larger diameter.... Higher wattage rating.... better response...

You know the deal - thinking is not always the best thing to do... as well as leaving well enough alone...

Since Best Buy carriers both and I have a friend their.... I was thinking of seeing if he can pull a set of each and see what we can work out... - it may be as simple as a correct spacer... (wishful thinking).

pollolittle
Posted 2011-09-08 12:39 PM (#96057 - in reply to #94578)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Having past experience with rockford that thing should rock your socks off in a hurricane. Mind boggling the power output in such a small package. I got to know if that works cause if it does, I'm gonna find some change under the sofa cushions and go get one. Also, let us know if you can get the 6.5's to fit without hitting the front grill. I can feel the fever coming back.

Then if you wanted to there was a guy who put a sub into the mount mechanism for the tour pack and you could see it right below the back seat. Sounded pretty good. I so want to do this. But I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system, I'm happy with the stock system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If repeated enough does it work? Not yet.
Webhair
Posted 2011-09-08 1:17 PM (#96063 - in reply to #94578)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I kept trying that - it did not work for me.... so far...

As for the sub... I prefer to run without the trunk.... and keep everything close to "sleeper" looking...

I know in a couple of my trucks I was able to get some pretty good bass out 6.5" an a nice little Bi amp Alpine system... I had started with twin sealed 10" and the 12" and ended up really happy with just the 6.5" of course that was a SUV.... A little different then a bike. - well kind of.

Someday's - I think I need an new hobby....

pollolittle
Posted 2011-09-08 2:51 PM (#96069 - in reply to #94578)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I was running around in the early 90's with a T-bird and Sony head, two fosgate amps, boston acoustic separates 6.5 and tweets, 6x9's, and two 12's in a bandpass X order enclosure. That thing was rock concert loud and clean and clear. Loved it. Thanks for the reminiscing! Kept the amps will probably install them in something else at some point, if they don't disintegrate from old age.

Just think if you had the passenger backrest or modify a mount system to replicate the trunk on a smaller scale to hold the sub or a couple of 6.5's. OH the possibilities. That freaking thing would be off the charts.
pollolittle
Posted 2011-09-08 2:53 PM (#96070 - in reply to #94578)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I was daydreaming again. I have been running around in the bikini version of the Vision for a while and really enjoy it. Would like to do what you are tackling just a $1 short. Enjoy, I shall live vicariously through you. Thanks. Index finger and pinky in the air, screaming "ROCK ON!"
marcparnes
Posted 2011-09-27 5:25 PM (#97907 - in reply to #94578)

Iron Butt

I have a pair of Kicker speakers part# 10PS52504 4 ohm that I experimented with for one day. I've since put everything back to stock. I paid $209.00 for the pair and will sell them including shipping within the US for $110. If interested please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Marc
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2011-09-27 6:49 PM (#97910 - in reply to #94578)
Subject: RE: Kicker Uprade on new Visions

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
I tried a sub in a couple of different ways on the Vision. The best I found was to seal the front of a 10" sub to the tunnel at the bottom of the trunk. The trunk itself then becomes the enclosure for the back of the sub. The tunnel is open to atmosphere so the sound waves get out fine. It sounded real good in the garage. When I started the Vision, some of the low frequency was lost. A big V-twin has certain low frequency rumble, so I wonder if there is a cancellation affect. ??? At 70mph the sub was not noticable. I had to turn the gain up to make it audible at speed. This made the sub overpowering at slow speed or stopped. I decided that giving up the trunk space as not worth it and removed the sub.

6.5" speakers would sound much better than 5.25". I looked at switching to 6.5", but it would take some modification. There is very little depth in the front locations and the rear is not wide enough. If someone finds a way to make 6.5ers fit please share with us.

Edited by victoryvisiontour 2011-09-27 6:50 PM
turbobuick
Posted 2011-09-28 9:30 AM (#97958 - in reply to #97907)

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
marcparnes - 2011-09-27 6:25 PM

I have a pair of Kicker speakers part# 10PS52504 4 ohm that I experimented with for one day. I've since put everything back to stock. I paid $209.00 for the pair and will sell them including shipping within the US for $110. If interested please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Marc

PM already sent, please respond
FRED
smadge
Posted 2011-09-28 12:48 PM (#97977 - in reply to #94578)

Cruiser

Kerrville Texas ( now a homeowner on six acres)
I like listening to the radio on short trips around town but, when I get out on the road i turn it off because it distupts the beautifuullll sound of the Vision at about 70-80 miles per hour!!

Smadge
tookerj
Posted 2011-10-03 11:08 PM (#98352 - in reply to #95477)

New user

New Jersey
Anyone with experience adding the Victory Premium Kicker speakers to a Vision that is not 2012? According to Victory's website they are only for the 2012 bikes. Available here for $129.60 with coupon moto20. http://motoworldracing.com/i-7250993-victory-kicker-premium-speaker...
Dain
Posted 2011-10-04 1:02 AM (#98356 - in reply to #94578)

Cruiser

You guy must have missed this or havent heard about it. So stop messing around and read my tech post. For around $300 you cant beat it!!!!!!!!!
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6938&pos...
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2011-10-04 9:06 AM (#98369 - in reply to #97910)
Subject: RE: Kicker Uprade on new Visions

Fountain Inn, SC United States
victoryvisiontour - 2011-09-27 7:49 PM
6.5" speakers would sound much better than 5.25". I looked at switching to 6.5", but it would take some modification. There is very little depth in the front locations and the rear is not wide enough. If someone finds a way to make 6.5ers fit please share with us.

I haven't tried putting 6.25" speakers in but there might be space if you use shallow depth speakers and a spacer ring on the front of the inner mounting bezel. There's a bit of room (maybe .75"?) between the bezel and the outer speaker grill. The spacer would probably have to be custom made for the space and have 6.5" and 5.25" mounting holes . See my crude drawing.

(spkr_diagram.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments spkr_diagram.png (3KB - 11 downloads)
Arkainzeye
Posted 2011-10-04 9:19 AM (#98371 - in reply to #98356)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Dain - 2011-10-04 1:02 AM

You guy must have missed this or havent heard about it. So stop messing around and read my tech post. For around $300 you cant beat it!!!!!!!!!
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6938&pos...

as cool as that is, thats the Last thing i need to do is Decrease my storage space..... i actually tour with this vision and im looking to increase my storage...
Webhair
Posted 2011-10-04 9:40 AM (#98372 - in reply to #94578)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Trailer to pull behind the Vision?
Webhair
Posted 2011-10-04 9:41 AM (#98373 - in reply to #98352)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
tookerj - 2011-10-04 12:08 AM

Anyone with experience adding the Victory Premium Kicker speakers to a Vision that is not 2012? According to Victory's website they are only for the 2012 bikes. Available here for $129.60 with coupon moto20. http://motoworldracing.com/i-7250993-victory-kicker-premium-speaker...

Yes they fit and work - I have them in my wife's 08 Vision. Just make sure you get the 4 ohm version of them...

Edited by Webhair 2011-10-04 9:41 AM
EVO
Posted 2014-12-12 10:14 PM (#169103 - in reply to #94578)

New user

For all you cross country and cross country tour owners who are looking to upgrade to the Kicker speaker for your bike: check out Parts Express out of California. They have the best prices on Kickers and other top brands. Kickers are 1/3 the price of the cheapest suppliers listed in previous posts. Check it out.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™