You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Seat removal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

opas ride
Posted 2011-09-27 10:32 PM (#97931)
Subject: Seat removal

Tourer

I know the owners manual shows somewhat how to remove seat from Vision. I just bought a new Vision 8-ball seat for my 2011 Tour and want to change it myself..The 8-ball seat is not heated so I plan to just leave the connectors undone...Any issues I should be aware of in removing the seat or anyone with tips/ideas on the best way to do let me know...Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nozzledog
Posted 2011-09-28 12:22 AM (#97934 - in reply to #97931)
Subject: Re: Seat removal

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It's the second easiest thing to do (1st is removal of front access panel).
. Open glovebox.
. Pull panel off between glovebox and seat (just pops off).
. Remove (2)4mm hex screws holding seat down.
. Lift seat off, unplugging heated wiring.

Installation is the reverse, just make sure back of seat hooks in before screwing it down.

Most every mod begins with either, remove front access panel, remove seat, or remove center console (3rd easiest).
Get to know your bike, and you will have done each of these a dozen times or so.
sfalexi
Posted 2011-09-28 12:38 AM (#97935 - in reply to #97931)

Tourer

Columbia, SC
No issues removing it. However when you put the new one on, and you go to put that little plastic piece right in front of it back on, don't be afraid to push on it and REALLY make sure it's clicked in. I've seen enough pictures on this forum of people who haven't put the plastic part back on fully to know it's a common mistake. So just find those spots where it lines up, and lean your weight on that bad boy. It'd be tough to break on those little rubber grommet spots.

Alexi
radioteacher
Posted 2011-09-28 8:38 AM (#97953 - in reply to #97931)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
There is a video on how to remove the seat at the bottom of the post below.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6577
varyder
Posted 2011-09-28 8:51 AM (#97954 - in reply to #97931)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
There is a difference in the heated seat pan from the '08 to the 2011, I don't know where that change takes place or if it affects the non-heated seats. Essentially, an '08 heated seat will not fit a '11 Vision, though the tab and screw holes are the same.
Jimbo62
Posted 2015-08-25 9:39 PM (#174446 - in reply to #97931)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
If you can, please give some feedback concerning the differences in the two seats (pros and cons). I have thought about this mod more than once myself. I am 6-5 and would like to get a little lower in the saddle.
Nozzledog
Posted 2015-08-31 8:31 PM (#174566 - in reply to #97931)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The main concern I'm aware of is that a non ABS bike seat will not fit on a bike with ABS brakes. It may also be cheaper and a better fit to just find a reputable company that can modify (lower) your seat by using better foam and still keep the heating element.
I'm 6'4" with a Ness saddle but have short legs. You might find the distance from seat to floorboards too short if you lower the saddle.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-08-31 9:19 PM (#174567 - in reply to #97931)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
my 08 seat was WAY softer than my 11 seat.. the Girlfriend prefers the 08 seat.. but the 11 seat feels like its made from better material ... "thicker" ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™